|Workshop||Round||Date||Registration Fee||Registration Link||Application Deadline|
|Assesment & Evaluation in Higher Education||Round - I||July 27 - 31||Closed||Closed||Deadline Ended|
1. Eligibility - This one week online national FDP is open for all higher education faculty members irrespective of their affiliation or position. However, there will be a limited number of seats available, so signing up early is recommended.
2. Outcomes – This FDP is part of a series of programmes organized by CREATES, IISER Bhopal under the PMMMNMTT Scheme, MHRD. The primary objective of these programmes is to empower faculty members and provide professional development in various technical content areas, pedagogy and educational technology.
Assessment and evaluation are critical components of the educational process, and need to be aligned with content and pedagogy to create effective learning environments. So, how exactly can this be achieved? This FDP addresses this driving question and explores various aspects including digital tools and methodologies for assessment and evaluation in the context of higher education. This FDP will also provide a common platform for participants to share their own experiences and best practices in assessment and evaluation.
3. Format – This FDP will use a combination of digital mechanisms including online video lectures, interactive discussion forums, and other e-learning materials. Various technology platforms will be used to conduct the online sessions. The detailed procedure for joining the FDP will be made available to the registered participants
4. Materials Required: Participants are required to have access to laptop/desktop with robust internet connectivity. Headphone and microphone will also be required for online interactions.
5. Assessment and Evaluation – Participants are expected to actively participate in all the sessions, and may have quiz, assignments, and exercises that have to be completed within the stipulated timings.
6. FDP Certificate – It is mandatory for participants to attend all FDP sessions. It is also expected that participants will actively participate and complete all FDP activities, assignments, exercises, etc. Upon satisfactory performance, eligible participants will receive the e-certificate after 3 weeks of the completion of the FDP. Kindly note that all programs under PMMMNMTT Scheme, MHRD, are valid for promotion under CAS as per the UGC notification dated 18th July, 2018.
View Sample Certificate
|Time||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5|
|9:30 to 11:00||Fundamental Terms, Teminology and Concepts||Different Types of Assessments||Rubrics||Performance Assessments||Integrated Assessment and Evaluation Project Demos|
|11:15 to 12:45||The Role of Assessment in Teaching- Learning Process||Formative Assessments||Enabling Technologies for Assessment and Evaluation||Enabling Technologies for Assessment and Evaluation||Integrated Assessment and Evaluation Project Demos|
|1:45 to 3:15||Quiz/ Assignment/Exercises||Quiz/ Assignment/Exercises||Quiz/ Assignment/Exercises||Quiz/ Assignment/Exercises||Integrated Assessment and Evaluation Project Demos|
|3:30 to 5:00||Introduction to Examineer||Examineer - Hands on||Examineer - Hands on||Examineer - Hands on||Integrated Assessment and Evaluation Project Demos|
Dr. Yogesh Velankar earned his Ph.D. in Engineering Education from Purdue University, USA;
a unique and first of its kind doctoral program in the world. He holds a M.S. in Electrical Engineering, and M.Ed. in Mathematics Education as an Instructional Specialist, both from the University of Texas at El Paso, USA.
His B.E. is in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from Mumbai University, India. He is a certified high school Mathematics teacher, and a Six Sigma Green Belt holder.
Previously, Dr. Velankar has worked in the U.S. and India in multinational and diverse organizations such as Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Indo Universal Collaboration for Engineering Education (IUCEE), Infosys Limited, Caterpillar, Schlumberger, and others. His industrial experiences include strategic talent management, competency and knowledge management, and enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of workplace learning, training, and professional development offerings. Dr. Velankar also has academic research and teaching experience across various educational levels in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Humanities, Social Sciences, Management and Leadership domains.
Dr. Yogesh Velankar currently provides independent consultancy, advisory and mentoring services to various stakeholders (e.g. students, faculty, academic leaders and administrators, policy makers, industry etc.) in the educational ecosystem at all levels. For instance, Dr. Velankar is presently consulting for Inter University Centre for Teacher Education (IUCTE), Varanasi; an Autonomous Apex Institute of Teacher Education under University Grants Commission (UGC), Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. Dr. Velankar is also a consultant for Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) (i.e. IIT (BHU)) and part of the core team and Advisor for Government of India – MHRD’s flagship Leadership for Academicians Program (LEAP) implemented by IIT (BHU). Dr. Yogesh Velankar has also been selected by MHRD as a Mentor and Performance Auditor under the third phase of Technical Education Quality Improvement Program (TEQIP – III); a Central Sector Scheme of Government of India with support from the World Bank. He also contributes as an expert resource person for various capacity building initiatives under TEQIP – III. Dr. Velankar also contributes pan-India as an expert resource person and consultant for various centres under MHRD's signature scheme of Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT). Dr. Velankar is also a member of the Academic Council and Course Coordinator for the course entitled ‘Information and Communications Technology for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Education’ at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal, which has been designated as a National Resource Centre (NRC) for offering Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching (ARPIT) through the MOOCs platform SWAYAM; a major and unique initiative of MHRD. Dr. Velankar is also Technical Advisor and Reviewer for ARPIT 2019-2020 under NRC in Pharmacy at IIT (BHU). Recently, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)/MHRD has nominated Dr. Velankar as a Margdarshak under the Margdarshan initiative, with an aim to mentor and enable Technical Education Institutions to achieve Accreditation by National Board of Accreditation (NBA).Read Less
Dr. Ambar Jain obtained his Ph.D. in Physics from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2009 which followed with a Postdoctoral Fellowship at Carnegie Melon University. In 2012, he joined IISER Bhopal as Assistant Professor in Department of Physics. He has founded the Center for Research in Advanced Technology for Education in Science (abbr. CREATES) at IISER Bhopal as an interdisciplinary centre for developing new technologies for pedagogical implementation.
At CREATES (https://creates.iiserb.ac.in), he is actively involved in developing new technologies for teaching and learning. His team has developed a unique assessment platform (https://examineer.in) which allows crowdsourcing of assessment content with computability and variability, a set of unique features that prevents copying in online homework and exams. He is also an expert on Built Pedagogy and has designed two technology-enabled modern classrooms at IISER Bhopal being actively used for adaptive, immersive and active-cooperative learning. The centre has also produced MOOCs under his supervision.
Dr. Ambar Jain’s primary interest is to ﬁnd new methods for solving problems in high energy physics and quantum chromodynamics, mainly with applications to jet physics using effective ﬁeld theory and numerical methods including machine learning techniques. His research group has expertise in calculating jet observables at particle colliders, speciﬁcally recoil-sensitive observables with multiple variables and scales. Read Less