|Workshop||Registration Link||Registration Fee||Date||Application Deadline||Round|
|Outcome based Education and NBA Accreditation||Closed||Closed||10 October, 2020||6pm ; 8 October, 2020||Round - I|
1. Eligibility - This one day online workshop is open for all higher education faculties especially from professional and technical disciplines, i.e., Engineering and Technology, Management, Architecture, Pharmacy and Hotel Management and Catering Technology. However, there will be a limited number of seats available, so signing up early is recommended.
2. Outcomes – This workshop is part of a series of workshops organized by CREATES, IISER Bhopal under the PMMMNMTT Scheme, MHRD. The primary objective of these workshops is to empower faculty members and provide professional development in various technical content areas, pedagogy and educational technology.
3. Format – This workshop will use a combination of digital mechanisms including online video lectures, interactive discussions, and other e-learning materials. The detailed procedure for joining the workshop will be made available to the registered participants
4. Materials Required: Participants are required to have access to laptop/desktop with robust internet connectivity. Headphone, microphone and webcam will also be required for online interactions.
5. Assessment and Evaluation – Participants are expected to actively participate in all the sessions, and may have quiz and assignments that have to be completed within the stipulated timings.
6. Workshop Certificate – It is mandatory for participants to attend all workshop sessions. It
is also expected that participants will actively participate and complete all workshop
activities, assignments, etc. Upon satisfactory performance, eligible participants will receive
the e-certificate after 2 weeks of the completion of the workshop. Kindly note that all programs
under PMMMNMTT Scheme, MHRD, are valid for promotion under CAS as per the UGC notification dated
18th July, 2018.
View Sample Certificate
|Time||10:00 am to 5:00 pm|
|10:00 -11:30||Fundamental Concepts of OBE and Accreditation|
|11:30 - 1:00||Developing Course Outcomes|
|2:00 - 3:30||Individual/Team Assignment|
|3:30 - 5:00||OBE Implementation Challenges and Opportunities|
Dr. Yogesh Velankar earned his Ph.D. in Engineering Education from Purdue University, USA;
a unique and first of its kind doctoral program in the world. He holds a M.S. in Electrical
Engineering, and M.Ed. in Mathematics Education as an Instructional Specialist, both from
the University of Texas at El Paso, USA.
His B.E. is in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from Mumbai University, India.
He is a certified high school Mathematics teacher, and a Six Sigma Green Belt holder.
Previously, Dr. Velankar has worked in the U.S. and India in multinational and diverse organizations such as Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Indo Universal Collaboration for Engineering Education (IUCEE), Infosys Limited, Caterpillar, Schlumberger, and others. His industrial experiences include strategic talent management, competency and knowledge management, and enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of workplace learning, training, and professional development offerings. Dr. Velankar also has academic research and teaching experience across various educational levels in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Humanities, Social Sciences, Management and Leadership domains.
Dr. Yogesh Velankar currently provides independent consultancy, advisory and mentoring services to various stakeholders (e.g. students, faculty, academic leaders and administrators, policy makers, industry etc.) in the educational ecosystem at all levels. For instance, Dr. Velankar is presently consulting for Inter University Centre for Teacher Education (IUCTE), Varanasi; an Autonomous Apex Institute of Teacher Education under University Grants Commission (UGC), Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. Dr. Velankar is also a consultant for Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) (i.e. IIT (BHU)) and part of the core team and Advisor for Government of India – MHRD’s flagship Leadership for Academicians Program (LEAP) implemented by IIT (BHU). Dr. Yogesh Velankar has also been selected by MHRD as a Mentor and Performance Auditor under the third phase of Technical Education Quality Improvement Program (TEQIP – III); a Central Sector Scheme of Government of India with support from the World Bank. He also contributes as an expert resource person for various capacity building initiatives under TEQIP – III. Dr. Velankar also contributes pan-India as an expert resource person and consultant for various centres under MHRD's signature scheme of Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT). Dr. Velankar is also a member of the Academic Council and Course Coordinator for the course entitled ‘Information and Communications Technology for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Education’ at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal, which has been designated as a National Resource Centre (NRC) for offering Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching (ARPIT) through the MOOCs platform SWAYAM; a major and unique initiative of MHRD. Dr. Velankar is also Technical Advisor and Reviewer for ARPIT 2019-2020 under NRC in Pharmacy at IIT (BHU). Recently, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)/MHRD has nominated Dr. Velankar as a Margdarshak under the Margdarshan initiative, with an aim to mentor and enable Technical Education Institutions to achieve Accreditation by National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
Dr. Velankar's areas of interest include, but are not limited to: Organizational Growth, Development and Capacity Building, Organizational Reform and Transformation, Leadership Development, Faculty Professional Development, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) Education Research, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Technology Enhanced Learning and Digital Transformation, Instructional and Curriculum Design, Outcome Based Education, Accreditation, National and International Rankings, Benchmarking, Collaboration and Establishing Partnerships, Fostering R&D Ecosystems, Institutional Effectiveness, Leadership, Policy, and Change in STEM Education, Design Thinking, Design of Learning Spaces, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Organizational and Workplace Learning, Human Resource Development, Competency and Knowledge Management, Strategic Talent Management and related areas.Read Less